Help us protect YOU!
IDENTITY THEFT FOR CONSUMERS & BUSINESSES
Today, more than ever before, Americans are subject to identity theft. According to the United States Bureau of Justice, 7% of all US households have experienced identity theft in some way. Exchange Bank is committed to protecting your privacy and helping you combat identity thieves and fraud. Choosing a strong password is a crucial step in protecting your online banking information. When making a password selection, use a combination of letters and numbers and avoid using a child, spouse or pet name. Remember to change your password frequently and NEVER leave your password information out where someone could see it. Here are some other ways you can help stop identity theft crimes before they happen...
- NEVER give out your financial information to ANYONE you don't know. Make sure you know the person and/or the organization or business before giving any information. This includes your checking, savings, and credit card numbers and also your Social Security Number. Remember... If someone should call you from Exchange Bank requesting this information ask their name and then tell them you will call them back to verify they do in fact work for the bank.
- Monitor your Internet Banking accounts for any malicious activity
- Report your lost or stolen checks and/or VISA Check Card immediately.
- Notify us if you should receive any suspicious phone inquiries regarding your personal or financial information.
- Closely guard your ATM Pin number and receipts.
- Shred any financial statements and bank statements before disposing of them. NEVER throw them in the trash without shredding them beforehand.
- Put all outgoing mail in a secure, official Postal Service collection box.
- If your bills or bank statements include questionable items, don't ignore them. Instead, investigate immediately to avoid potential fraud.
- Commercial online banking customers should perform a related risk assessment and a control evaluation periodically.
- Periodically contact the major credit reporting companies to review your file and make certain the information is correct. (See Credit Bureau information below).
INFORMATION FOR OUR BUSINESS CUSTOMERS...
It is very important for you as a Business owner to monitor your Internet Banking Account on a regular basis. Spend time making sure all payments are authorized by you and that no one is accessing your Internet Banking account without your consent. It is typical to have office personnel monitor your account information, however, increasing your evaluations and perodically reviewing your Internet Banking account will help keep you safe in the event someone chooses to use your funds without your knowledge.
There is increased "phishing" activity being conducted by criminals who are attempting to gain personal and confidential information. Fraudsters employ various methods to obtain personal information such as e-mail, fake web sites, pop-ups, text messages, etc. These cyber-criminals copy logos and content styles of respected financial institutions in an attempt to elicit a response from a recipient who may or may not be a customer of that financial institution.
There have been several reports lately from financial institutions who indicate their cardholders are receiving text messages where criminals are asking them to call a phone number and provide information about their card. As always, it is important to safeguard your private information, including card number, social security number, PIN number, etc. Should you receive any requests from Exchange Bank regarding your card/account number via e-mail or text messages please contact us immediately. We will never ask for you to supply your personal or banking information to us electronically.
CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORT FOR UNUSUAL ACTIVITY...
Place a fraud alert: 1.800.766.0008
Order a credit report: 1.800.685.1111
Place a fraud alert: 1.888.397.3742
Order a credit report: 1.888.397.3742
Place a fraud alert: 1.800.680.7289
Order a credit report: 1.800.888.4213
To order FREE Credit Report visit: www.annualcreditreport.com
For more information regarding your account and privacy protection please call Exchange Bank at 580.336.5531.